Sunday, September 11, 2011

Know That Your Glory Days Are Always In The Present - Susie Warmington

As I come upon a new birthday,  I feel as if who I am is expanding. Not particularly upward at this time, but certainly outward.
My  knowledge of self is building, my self education is increasing. I feel as if I’m understanding the world better than I had before.
My strong belief is that my glory days are always in the present and I am always learning and growing in each phase of my life. 
Life for me is comprehending where I am now and accepting it while still feeling an amazing curiosity about new and old things, and exploring what I might want to do next.  I’m flowing!
Becoming more positive and rolling with the punches is becoming more of a natural reaction from within. Even circumstances that should be overwhelming on paper are being met with a matter of fact attititude that is surprising to even myself sometimes. Particularly, since I used to become way more anxious and excitable about life's inconveniences before.
Although I am no longer what society deems as young, I am very far from being old, and I enjoy having younger friends who enjoy my youthful fervor for new experiences while enjoying older friends who appreciate their little sister’s burgeoning creativity and Artistic progress. I don’t have to be a Spring Chicken to be fabulous as I can be a fabulous Summer Chicken instead!
Positive people around me are a must now. And I have no time for nonsense. Really, there isn’t time! I expect people to lift me up as I lift them up. You can expect encouragement and a smile from me. If you don’t have that for me…Well, I am sure that your Gloomy Gus diatribe will be needed somewhere in someone else’s evolvement or life’s lesson, but I’m past that.
Life’s aches and pains come pounding at everyone’s door no matter who they are or what you think they have, so petty jealousies are seriously not a part of my makeup, never have been, and never will be, and I consider that one of my greatest gifts.  And if that is one flaw I would encourage someone to get rid of, it’s the damned old jealousy. It makes you weak and unprogressive in spirit.
So, I look forward to the new year in my life with all its old and new, its tried and true, its surprises too, and all the hopefully positive whatevers that are coming my way. And I wish the very best for all of you with all my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment